What we're looking for?
We’re on the lookout for an experienced .Net Developer to join our talented team, who are committed to delivering quality digital solutions that make our clients shine. You will have an unmatched passion for technology, systems, coding and the web, will relish taking on new challenges, and will love collaborating with others to solve interesting problems.
Share this role:
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working with colleagues as part of a multifaceted team of developers and designers, and with project management and client services teams, to deliver an exciting variety of projects for a wide range of clients: from web applications, ecommerce and CMS-driven websites, to CRM systems and integration components.
Your work will be critical to the development, implementation and support of our clients’ digital projects. In addition, you’ll have opportunities to take an active part in the full lifecycle of projects, from specification stage onwards. We’ll expect you all the while to stay on the ball when it comes to best practice and evolving industry trends, standards and technologies and, of course, to share your knowledge with your fellow team members – in return for which, you can expect to learn plenty from them.
What we need from you
We’re looking for someone who’ll fit right in with what we do and how we do it here at Element78.
That means you’ll need to be:
- A problem-solver: proactively using your analytical and logical thinking to understand our clients’ needs, identify their problems and come up with dazzling digital solutions.
- Great to work with: a team player who helps to create a culture of collaboration and trust, communicates with honesty and respect, stays calm under pressure, takes responsibility for their work, and knows how to have fun!
- Flexible: embracing change by proactively adapting what you do, how you do it and how you work with others.
- A bright spark: bringing enthusiasm, drive and positivity to everything you do, actively seeking opportunities to push yourself, learn along the way, and share your learning with others.
- An outstanding communicator: sharing knowledge and ideas and communicating with others clearly, professionally and positively clearly, using the right style and the right channels, as well as listening carefully and thoughtfully to others.
- A little bit obsessive: honing and caring about every little detail, to produce great quality, consistent, and efficient work.
- Organised: expertly managing your time and balancing a varied and ever-changing workload as well as responding to others’ needs, to ensure that deadlines and expectations are consistently met or exceeded
As far as your current skills and experience go, this is what we’re looking for:
What we need:
- Decent experience working as a .NET developer
- Solid skills in:
- DevOps Automation e.g. MS DevOps
- Server/Hosting Environments g. MS Azure, Windows Server with IIS
- System integrationsg. Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Salesforce, SagePay, PayPal, etc
- C# with NET Framework 4.0+
- Relational Databases g. MS SQL
- Testing and Debugging
- Documentation g. Specification writing, procedure writing
- MVC & Razor
- Logging g. log4net
- A good working knowledge of:
- Source Control Systems g. Git (via MS DevOps), TFS
- Web protocols g. HTTP, FTP, SSL, DNS, SMTP
- Dependency Injection e.g. Ninject, Unity, Castle
- Semi-Automated Deployment
Other skills we’re interested in :
- Umbraco 7+ (or any other CMS platform)
- ORM Frameworks
- Command Line Interfaces
- .NET Core
What you'll get from us...
At Element78, we believe in putting people first and in building long term relationships. As employers, that means we support, encourage and reward every member of the Element78 team as they develop their skills and practice their craft. We pride ourselves on making sure that every team member knows how what they do contributes to Element78’s success. This means you can look forward to the kind of rewards, benefits and opportunities that will really make you feel valued. All that, plus a great place to work and a great bunch of people to work with!
Check out our benefits
33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) to rest and recharge
Fair recompense for overtime,we don’t want it to happen very often but we’ll never expect you to do it for nothing!
Pension scheme; those Werther's Originals aren't buying themselves
Cashback healthcare plan; self care is the best care
Cycle scheme, no commute means more time for bike rides
Employee assistance programme for you and your family
Retail discount scheme; every little saving counts
One paid day a year to volunteer; helping you to help others
Flexible work environment built on trust & autonomy
Home office set up; we’ll provide the tools to make your workspace work for you
Training budgets to support your growth and development
A monthly remote working allowance; helping you make working remotely work for you