What we're looking for?
We’re on the lookout for an experienced .Net Developer to join our talented team, who are committed to delivering great service and quality solutions to make our clients shine. Ideally, you will have an unmatched passion for technology, systems, coding and the web. This role will also have a strong focus on CRM based projects, so if you're looking to develop skills in this area, keep on reading!
Share this role:
What you'll be doing
As a member of our back end development team, you’ll be working with and alongside your back end development colleagues, as well as directly with our front end, creative, and client service teams, to deliver an exciting variety of projects for a wide range of clients: from web applications, ecommerce and CMS-driven websites, to CRM systems and integration components.
As a developer, your work will be critical to the development, implementation and support of our clients’ digital projects. In addition, you’ll have opportunities to take an active part in the full lifecycle of projects, from specification stage onwards. We’ll expect you all the while to stay on the ball when it comes to best practice and evolving industry trends, standards and technologies and, of course, to share your knowledge with your fellow team members – in return for which, you can expect to learn plenty from them.
What we need from you
We’re looking for someone who’ll fit right in with what we do and how we do it here at Element78.
As a developer, that means you’ll need to be:
- A bright spark: bringing enthusiasm, drive and positivity to everything you do, actively seeking opportunities to push yourself, learn along the way, and share your learning with others.
- A problem-solver: proactively using your analytical and logical thinking to understand our clients’ needs, identify their problems and come up with dazzling digital solutions.
- A little bit obsessive: honing and caring about every little detail, to produce consistently great work.
- An outstanding communicator: using the right medium, in the right way, every time, and listening carefully and thoughtfully to others, to communicate clearly, assertively and professionally with clients and colleagues.
- Organised: expertly managing your time and balancing a varied and ever-changing workload to ensure that deadlines and expectations are consistently met or exceeded.
- Flexible: embracing change by proactively adapting what you do, how you do it and how you work with others.
- Great to work with: a team player who communicates with honesty and respect, stays calm under pressure, takes responsibility for their work and knows how to have fun!
Ideally, we’d like you to be qualified to degree level, or equivalent: but what we most want is someone with a geeky passion for developing, and with the kind of knowledge of technology that your experience as a developer so far will have given you.
As far as your current skills and experience go, this is what we’re looking for:
- Solid experience working as a .NET developer
Solid skills in:
- CRM e.g. Microsoft Dynamics
- .NET Framework 4.0+
- RDBMS e.g. MS SQL
- Testing and Debugging
- MVC & Razor
- Server/Hosting Environments e.g. MS Azure, Windows Server with IIS
A good working knowledge of:
- Source Control Systems e.g. Git (via MS DevOps), TFS
- Web protocols e.g HTTP, FTP, SSL, DNS, SMTP
- Documentation e.g. Specification writing, procedure writing
A solid understanding of:
- Umbraco 7+
- DevOps Automation e.g. MS DevOps
A working knowledge of:
What you'll get from us...
At Element78, we believe in putting people first and in building long term relationships. As employers, that means we support, encourage and reward every member of the Element78 team as they develop their skills and practice their craft. We pride ourselves on making sure that every team member knows how what they do contributes to Element78’s success. This means you can look forward to the kind of rewards, benefits and opportunities that will really make you feel valued. All that, plus a great place to work and a great bunch of people to work with!
Check out our... Benefits, Environment, Opportunities,
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Fair recompense for overtime
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Retail discount scheme
Friday desk beers
Free Tea/Coffee/soft drinks
Monthly company breakfast meetings
Onsite food and drink
Full induction training
Regular reviews to support your performance and progression
Ongoing training and development opportunites
Regular knowledge-sharing sessions
High-end projects for great clients