What we're looking for
We’re on the lookout for a real ‘people person’ – a bright, ambitious and motivated team player, with fantastic communication and organisational skills, a proven track record as a HR generalist, and experience of managing people, to join our team on a part time basis (25-30 hours per week)
Share this role:
What you'll be doing
As a leading member of our HR team, you'll be working closely with your HR colleagues and other Admin team members, as well as Team Leaders and the Senior Leadership Team, to lead the way in delivering and supporting HR services to the business.
What we need from you
We’re looking for someone who’ll fit right in with what we do and how we do it here at Element78.
As an HR manager, that means you’ll need to be:
- A bright spark: bringing enthusiasm, drive and positivity to everything you and your team do, actively seeking opportunities to push yourself, learn along the way, and share your learning with others.
- An outstanding communicator: inspiring and engaging others by sharing knowledge and ideas clearly, professionally and positively, using the right style and the right channels, and listening carefully and thoughtfully to others.
- Organised: expertly managing your time and balancing a varied and ever-changing workload as well as responding to others’ needs, to ensure that deadlines and expectations are consistently met or exceeded.
- A problem-solver: proactively using your logical and lateral thinking to understand the needs of our business and our people, identify problems, and come up with dazzling solutions.
- A little bit obsessive: caring about every little detail, and encouraging your colleagues to do the same, to ensure your delivery of services and support to the business and to our people is consistent and efficient.
- Flexible: embracing change by proactively adapting what you do, how you do it and how you work with others.
- Great to work with: a team player who leads the way in creating a culture of collaboration and trust, communicates with honesty and respect, stays calm under pressure, takes responsibility for their work and knows how to have fun!
As far as your current skills and experience go, this is what we’re looking for:
You'll need extensive experience of working in a generalist HR role, and some experience of organising and managing others and overseeing the delivery of projects or functions.
Ideally, we’d like you to be qualified to degree level and / or to have a professional HR qualification: but what we most want is someone with a flair for communicating with, engaging and inspiring all kinds of people in all kinds of ways, a talent for turning strategy into plans and an ability to organise and oversee others' work, along with the kind of HR skills that your extensive experience so far will have given you.
- Outstanding communication skills - both written and verbal
- Highly accomplished computer literacy skills e.g. Microsoft Office, Power BI, Excel
- Solid experience of project management e.g. Project / campaign planning, organising and collaborating across teams to establish and meet deadlines
- Considerable understanding of fundamental HR concepts and theories e.g. Employee engagement, reward management, wellbeing
- Considerable experience of HR best practice, tools and techniques e.g. Recruitment, performance management, job design, learning and development, employee benefits, absence management, employee lifecycle
- Solid understanding of employment law
- Solid experience of HR metrics and reporting
- Professional HR qualification (or working towards one) e.g. CIPD
- A working knowledge of current web technologies
What you'll get from us...
At Element78, we believe in putting people first and in building long term relationships. As employers, that means we support, encourage and reward every member of the Element78 team as they develop their skills and practice their craft. We pride ourselves on making sure that every team member knows how what they do contributes to Element78’s success. This means you can look forward to the kind of rewards, benefits and opportunities that will really make you feel valued. All that, plus a great place to work and a great bunch of people to work with!
Check out our... Benefits, Environment, Opportunities,
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Fair recompense for overtime
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Retail discount scheme
Friday desk beers
Free Tea/Coffee/soft drinks
Monthly company breakfast meetings
Onsite food and drink
Full induction training
Regular reviews to support your performance and progression
Ongoing training and development opportunites
Regular knowledge-sharing sessions
High-end projects for great clients