What we're looking for?
We’re on the lookout for a proactive, ambitious team player to join our talented team, who are committed to delivering great service and quality solutions to make our clients shine. You will have an unmatched passion for technology, systems, coding and the web.
Share this role:
What you'll be doing
You’ll take an active and central role in the full lifecycle of our clients’ digital projects all the while staying ahead of the game when it comes to best practice, innovation and evolving industry standards and technologies.
As a member of our front end development team, you’ll be working with your fellow ‘front enders’ as well as directly with our creative team to bring their designs to life and our .NET developers to write and integrate responsive HTML and CSS into CMS driven websites.
What we need from you
Ideally, we’d like you to be qualified to degree level, or equivalent: but what we most want is someone with a geeky passion for developing, and with the kind of knowledge of technology that your experience as a developer so far will have given you.
Highly accomplished in:
- writing semantic, accessible HTML e.g. HTML5, structured data
- CSS e.g. media queries, animations, transitions
Solid knowledge of:
- WCAG 2.1 Standard
- Front End syntax e.g.ASP.Net Razor
Solid experience of:
- CSS pre-processors e.g. LESS, SASS
- CMS e.g. Umbraco, Sitecore
- CSS methods e.g. OOCSS, SMACCS, BEM
- Cross platform bug fixing
A working knowledge of:
- Icons and SVGs
- Web Analytics and SEO
- Server side languages e.g. C#
- UI design
- UX concepts and theories
An awareness of:
- Source control systems e.g. GIT, TFS
A working knowledge of:
- Umbraco CMS
- Sitecore Experience CMS platform
- Server side patterns e.g. MVC, MVVM
An awareness of:
- Command line build systems e.g. Webpack ,Gulp
We’re also looking for someone who’ll fit right in with what we do and how we do it here at Element78.
That means you’ll need to be:
- A bright spark: bringing enthusiasm, drive and positivity to everything you and your team do, actively seeking opportunities to push yourself, learn along the way, and share your learning with others
- A problem-solver: proactively using your logical and lateral thinking to understand the needs of our business and our people, identify problems, and come up with dazzling solutions
- A little bit obsessive: caring about every little detail, and encouraging your colleagues to do the same, to ensure your delivery of services and support to the business and to our people is consistent and efficient
- An outstanding communicator: inspiring and engaging others by sharing knowledge and ideas clearly, professionally and positively, using the right style and the right channels, and listening carefully and thoughtfully to others
- Organised: expertly managing your time and balancing a varied and ever-changing workload as well as responding to others’ needs, to ensure that deadlines and expectations are consistently met or exceeded
- Flexible: embracing change by proactively adapting what you do, how you do it and how you work with others
- Great to work with: a team player who leads the way in creating a culture of collaboration and trust, communicates with honesty and respect, stays calm under pressure, takes responsibility for their work and knows how to have fun!
What you'll get from us...
At Element78, we believe in putting people first and in building long term relationships. As employers, that means we support, encourage and reward every member of the Element78 team as they develop their skills and practice their craft. We pride ourselves on making sure that every team member knows how what they do contributes to Element78’s success. This means you can look forward to the kind of rewards, benefits and opportunities that will really make you feel valued. All that, plus a great place to work and a great bunch of people to work with!
Check out our... Benefits, Environment, Opportunities,
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Fair recompense for overtime
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Retail discount scheme
Friday desk beers
Free Tea/Coffee/soft drinks
Monthly company breakfast meetings
Onsite food and drink
Full induction training
Regular reviews to support your performance and progression
Ongoing training and development opportunites
Regular knowledge-sharing sessions
High-end projects for great clients