What we're looking for?
We’re on the lookout for a proactive, collaborative and super-organised team player, with excellent digital project management skills and a passion for digital technology, to join our team.
Share this role:
What you'll be doing
As a member of our operations and delivery team, you’ll be working with and alongside your development, design and operations team mates, as well as directly with client services and sales colleagues, to help deliver a variety of digital projects for, a wide range of clients: from web applications, ecommerce and CMS-driven sites, to system integrations and mobile apps.
As a digital project manager, your work will be critical to the successful scoping, planning, implementation and delivery of large-scale client projects. You’ll be responsible for transforming initial briefs into detailed project plans, for implementing these plans and actively managing projects to keep them on track, right the way through to testing, documentation and project release, as well as reviewing projects post-release to identify successes, challenges and learning points for the future. We’ll also expect you to stay on the ball when it comes to project management best practice, and evolving industry trends, standards and technologies. And, of course, we'll want you to share your knowledge with your colleagues – in return for which, you can expect to learn plenty from them.
What we need from you
We’re looking for someone who’ll fit right in with what we do and how we do it here at Element78.
As a digital project manager, that means you’ll need to be:
- An excellent communicator: using the right medium, in the right way, and listening carefully and thoughtfully to others, to communicate clearly and professionally and collaborate effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Organised: expertly managing your time and balancing a varied and ever-changing workload to ensure that deadlines and expectations are consistently met or exceeded.
- Great to work with: a team player who communicates with honesty and respect, facilitates collaboration, stays calm under pressure, approaches tasks with energy and enthusiasm and most importantly, knows how to have fun!
- A problem-solver: proactively using your logical and lateral thinking to identify risk and anticipate problems, and collaborate with colleagues to come up with solutions.
- A bright spark: bringing enthusiasm, drive and positivity to everything you and your team do, actively seeking opportunities to push yourself, learn along the way, and share your learning with others.
- A little bit obsessive: paying attention to and caring about the detail, to ensure you and your colleagues consistently deliver high quality work on time and within budget.
- Flexible: taking a positive approach to change and open to exploring new ideas.
Ideally, we’d like you to be qualified to degree level, or equivalent: but what we most want is someone with a proven ability to manage and successfully deliver digital projects, a passion for digital technology, and with the kind of project management skills that your significant digital project management experience will have given you.
As far as your current skills and experience go, this is what we’re looking for:
- Considerable experience in digital project management roles.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent IT literacy skills (e.g. CRM systems, Microsoft Office suite).
- Solid knowledge and experience of current digital technologies, practices and frameworks, including:
- Content Management Systems.
- CRM software.
- Decent experience of:
- Documentation (e.g. statements of work, functional specifications, project briefs).
- Testing (e.g. UAT)
- Solid presentation skills.
- A decent understanding of project management theories and methodologies.
- Some experience of mentoring or coaching others.
- A working knowledge of:
- Programming languages (e.g. HTML, C#, CSS).
- UX concepts and theories (e.g. user journeys, user research, information architecture).
- A professional project management diploma (or working towards one) (e.g. PRINCE II, PMP).
What you'll get from us...
At Element78, we believe in putting people first and in building long term relationships. As employers, that means we support, encourage and reward every member of the Element78 team as they develop their skills and practice their craft. We pride ourselves on making sure that every team member knows how what they do contributes to Element78’s success. This means you can look forward to the kind of rewards, benefits and opportunities that will really make you feel valued. All that, plus a great place to work and a great bunch of people to work with!
Check out our benefits
33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) to rest and recharge
Fair recompense for overtime,we don’t want it to happen very often but we’ll never expect you to do it for nothing!
Pension scheme; those Werther's Originals aren't buying themselves
Cashback healthcare plan; self care is the best care
Cycle scheme, no commute means more time for bike rides
Employee assistance programme for you and your family
Retail discount scheme; every little saving counts
One paid day a year to volunteer; helping you to help others
Flexible work environment built on trust & autonomy
Home office set up; we’ll provide the tools to make your workspace work for you
Training budgets to support your growth and development
A monthly remote working allowance; helping you make working remotely work for you